CANADA PERMANENT RESIDENCY
Canada is one of the most popular destinations for people from all over the world to settle. It offers the best of services quality of life, education, civil liberties, government transparency, and economic freedom. Canada is a very stable country and has diversity in history, nature and society. For many years Canada has been the preferred choice for students, investors and working professionals.
Why Choose Canada?
Key benefits of choosing Canada as a destination include the following:
- High rankings on major international comparative surveys
- Member of G8 and NAFTA
- World-class Canadian healthcare system
- Excellent education system
- Has rich cultural, ethnic and religion
- One of the safest countries to live in
Opportunities for Skilled Professionals in Canada
On the first day of 2015, Canada launched its new Express Entry Visa System which was designed with the aim of making it easier for employers in Canada to source suitable human resource from abroad. This system is in turn a boon for candidates all over the world who seek befitting and satisfying jobs in Canada. The system seeks to improve the visa selection process for Canadian permanent residency overall, hence reducing the processing time to a maximum of six months.
Professionals who want to shift to Canada permanently can take help of the Express Entry program and fulfil their wish through Skilled Worker program, Skilled Trades program or the Canadian Experience Class.
Besides these, under this program, provinces and territories of Canada can also nominate candidates through the Provincial Nominee Programs. These are:
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program Visa
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) Visa
- Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (Ontario PNP) Visa
- Quebec Immigration Program
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Visa
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) Visa
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program Visa
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program Visa
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program Visa
There are a total of 347 occupations that are accepted if the candidate is applying for a permanent residency. Management & Financial Services, Engineering, Information Technology & Sciences, Health Occupations, Skilled Trades are few of the occupations which the candidate might choose to meet minimum entry criteria and submit an expression of interest profile to the Express Entry Pool. Apart from occupation, the eligibility criteria also include age, work experience, language proficiency among other factors.
Human capital contribution to Canada is measured in a Comprehensive Ranking System while choosing an eligible candidate. Rankings are based on education of the candidate apart from work experience, language proficiency among other factors. The new Express entry system is different from the last one because it only allows eligible candidates to file an application after filtering out the non-eligible ones on the basis of points. Candidates who already have a job lined up in the country receive bonus points.
Canada PR Point System
To check your eligibility for Canada Immigration you can use this table which is a very handy tool to give you a glance at Canada PR Point System, and you can self evaluate your profile for Canada Immigration under Express Entry Program. To qualify for the same you need to score at least 67 points based on the following point system.
|47 & Above||00 points|
|Master degree||23 points|
|Double Bachelor||22 points|
|Bachelor degree||21 points|
|Diploma 3 Years after Higher Secondary||19 points|
|Diploma 3 Years after 10th (High School)||15 points|
|High School||05 points|
|Work Experience||1 Year||09 points|
|2 – 3 Years||11 points|
|4 – 5 Years||13 points|
|6 & Above||15 points|
|Spouse/ Adaptability||Spouse IELTS||05 points|
|Blood Relation||05 points|
Canada has been a hot destination for immigration since the turn of 21st century. With vast areas lying uninhabited and unparalleled potential for a better career, prosperous life and stable future Indians have been making bee lines for migration to this North American nation. Today with the most of globe reeling under the debt crisis post global meltdown, Canadian economy is one of those few nations which is in flamboyant moods and is in need of consistent inflow of migrant workers for to address structural deficiencies in labor pool.
Immigration to Canada is possible through
- Federal trained proficient migrant – FSWP
- Provincial sponsorship scheme – PNPs
Most popular passage to Canada from India has been under federal skilled migration regime. This program offers an unparalleled freedom to travel and work anywhere in Canada. Currently this program is undergoing a transformation and efforts are on to make FSWP more responsive to needs of Canadian economy. There are some considerable changes being planned and once implemented (tentative date of enforcement of these amendments is January 2013) focus of immigration regime will shift to more need based skilled migration (as some trades have been kept in restricted professions class to curtail inflow of migrants in professions where there is a sizeable presence of local work force).
Proposed modifications put the operate ability on National occupational classification – NOC and all future regime indicators will function in close collusion with NOC.
Emphasis of federal migration system is going to be on encouraging younger emigrants to participate in labor pool for a longer period. Besides age, there are other systematic modifications being planned to facelift immigration set-up.
Language ability has been prioritized in new system as language is considered an important element in ability of migrants and their spouses to adapt in local socio-economic scenario efficiently and effectively!
Likewise, overseas employment experience in nominated trade is not going to carry more weight as this aspect of migrant’s profile is not considered to be favorable for ability to be hired initially
Bearings of changes will be observed in point’s evaluation of a migrant. Most important step of new regime will be getting overseas academic credentials evaluated from a specified assessment agency. Only candidates with positive or neutral verification advice will be able to file for permanent residence.
A new classification “Federal Skilled Trade Class” is being introduced. This new incorporation has been planned as a move to appreciate needs of provisional requirements of Canadian labor pool. To qualify for this scheme you would need to either have a job offer on hand with tenure of minimum 1 year.
Another passage to migrate to Canada is through provincial sponsorship. Different states have been running their independent sponsorship programs in coordination with citizenship and immigration Canada. States have freedom to maneuver their programs and sponsor people as per distinct and local aspirations. Provincial schemes are based on requirements of different sectors of states and do not rely on federal immigration structure.
Critical aspects that you would need to prove for any program is it federal or PNP are Education
- Financial eligibilities
- Work exposure
- Linguistic skills
- Adaptability factors and contribution capacity in economic aspects
- Having an on hand job offer can have additional advantage
Canada usually finds a place right at the top in the list of immigration destinations, and many discerning migrants from across the globe choose the destination for permanent residence purposes. Canada immigration benefits are the motivation for immigrants to choose Canada as their preferred immigration destination. Canada offers several attractive benefits to the migrants even as thanks to these benefits several immigration-inspired aspirants opt for Canada immigration, vis-à-vis other destinations. Canada is a young country that is called an “immigrants’ paradise” because everybody would have been an immigrant at some point of time in his life and that makes them welcoming to newly landed immigrants.
Canadian Government has created institutions and provides support facilities for prospective immigrants to facilitate their settlement in the country after they land on the permanent residence status. Almost everybody has a relation, friend or acquaintance staying in Canada and that makes Canada a very sought after destination because one does not feel stranger immediately in Canada. Taking help of a Canada immigration authorized representative will help you in taking advantage of benefits of Canada immigration.
Cosmopolitan people, stunning geographical features, abundance of utilizable resources, well-paying job opportunities, easy-to-follow visa categories, rewarding investment options; these are just some of the major attractions that fuel the would-be migrants’ interest in Canada immigration.
What are Canada Immigration Benefits?
- Safety and a sense of being secure is one of the draws and it inspires many people to reside in the country even as the state government itself ensures a rather high level of safety for those who make Canada their home. So for those who are concerned about value of one’s life issues, Canada makes a perfect migration destination. Citizens and residents follow rule of law and that makes Canada an ideal destination for prospective immigrants from world over.
- Canada offers permanent residence programs for everybody: Skilled, entrepreneurs and investors. So one need not get discouraged if he is not qualified in one particular category. A careful search and contact with an experienced immigration advisor will make the task of choosing the right immigration category in which to apply for Canada permanent residence visa application.
- Another benefit of immigration to Canada is its amazing and developed social help system; it organizes various courses for those who have lost their job and want to start afresh in a newer field. The same also helps the aspirants in choosing and gaining a well-paying job quite quickly. Canada offers excellent medical healthcare benefits to its citizens and residents. World-class free schooling and highly subsidized university education, not to talk about loans and bursaries available for meritorious students, makes it one of the most sought after destinations for people seeking overseas permanent residence options. If circumstances make one unemployed, the social security benefits supports the affected Canadian residents and citizens. As one grows older, Canadian government ensures peace of mind by offering retirement and pension benefits to its senior citizens.
- Canada is an economically and politically stable nation even while the flow of wealth makes certain that the individuals get fairly handsome wages for their labor. That the same is very rewarding as stable income enables individuals to get pleasure from a happy life cannot be refuted.
- Canada is a multi-cultural migration destination. Despite this, peace &harmony exist, and foreign people, eager to launch a business at their own endeavor, are assisted whole-heartedly.
- Since the nation is self-governing, the immigrants as well as the residents play a key part in its economic and social life. Businessmen and trained experts are greeted with many rewarding opportunities to take their career to the next level, and shine on the world map. Canada is the second largest country in the world and has wealth of natural resources. Aerospace, IT, Tourism, Real estate, Hospitality, infrastructure and Automobile manufacturing industries provides abundance of business, investment and employment opportunities to prospective immigrants.
- Overall, Canada is a quiet and safe destination to settle in, and the procedure of immigration is not as complex as one generally gets to see in certain other nations. As for simple immigration objects, there is no requirement for submission to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The concerned Canadian authorities appraise the potential immigrants, eager to reside for jobs on the grounds of educational qualification, age, financial stability, employment skills, & compatibility in language.
- With the Canada PR Visa rights, the holder would be in a position to make the nation a settlement/ business base, and in the process, get pleasure from the benefits of the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) as well. The same will assist in boosting the business interests across the entire North America, and this in turn, becomes probable only because of Canada Permanent Resident Visa and in due course the citizenship. A skilled professional Immigrant to Canada, after becoming Canadian citizen can take advantage of working in USA under flexible TN visa status.
- The housing and life’s other amenities are available at highly affordable interest rates from banking and financial system for ordinary residents and citizens. Businessmen and investors would have the liberty to utilize the Canadian financial and banking system and make its use further for the expansion of their worldwide business interests, and this covers the present business. In addition, they would have the right to develop their personal international credit rating and that of the business enterprise owned by them in Canada.
- With time and after becoming a citizen, the residence holder gets a Canadian passport a highly prized and respected travel document across the world. One does not need a visit visa to enter majority of developed and developing world and in most countries the holder of Canadian passport get visa on arrival. In EU and G-8 countries, one can enter and stay in these countries for a limited period without taking any specific visa permission.
- The principal applicant can make spouse and children up to 19 years part of his immigration application. As regards his parents, he can sponsor them for Canada permanent residence visa or a Canada super-visa.
CK International expert Retd. CDR Mitter helps professionals settle in Canada through the Express Entry route along with their families. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org